Wednesday, June 9, 2010

6月9日 Day 77: MIDTERMS ARE FINALLY OVER

THANK THE GOOD LORD JESUS THAT MIDTERMS ARE FINALLY OVER!

Now I can go out and enjoy the awesome weath-- oh wait. It's raining. DAMMIT.

Well, last weekend, I went to an Eco-fest in Yoyogi. NOW I HAVE TIME TO WRITE ABOUT IT.


Here are my friends Kelsey, EPA and Alex. Haha.


Here's a man-band we watched... note their matching shirts. They were great... and they helped the environment, while simultaneously scouring their last shreds of masculinity.

The fair was basically a bunch of environmental protection agency booths... the funniest one was entitled "FOE: Friends of Earth." HAH. Guess you never know who your friends really are...

After that amazingness, I saw Sex and the City 2 and it was AWFUL. So awful in fact, that I spent most of the movie with my head in my hands as the Japanese people laughed at the horribly translated subtitles. My non-Japanese friends and I all guffawed mechanically at the over-abundance of menopause and gay jokes... while the Japanese members of the audience sat there in complete bewilderment. How can one possibly translate the reference, "Lawrence of my Labia," into Japanese? HOW?

We were so loud in the theater, saying things like "Oh for the love of God," and "KILL ME," with unrivaled gusto. I'm sure we were annoying the whole theater with our laughter. My phone also went off in the middle of the movie, which didn't help the image of stupid foreigners. -__-;;

After that, I got some major studying done for my horribly difficult Literature midterm-- which I'm praying I passed. I did well on my Religion midterm though! Even though I freakin' hate that class...

No comments:

Post a Comment